My Buddy’s Dad Was a Blood Diamond Smuggler
VICE: Give me the overview of the story with your old man.
Brandon Asraf: Before you can understand the story you have to understand where my dad came from. My dad is from Morocco. When he was young they had to leave because they got kicked out; no one ever told us why. He lived in a hut in Israel with 12 other kids and no water. At 18 he snuck out of the Israeli army and made it to the US where he started hustling.
He got a job working as a bus boy and met these guys who were rich mafia dudes. They asked if he would open the restaurant after hours so they could have card games. So at 20 he started an illegal gambling ring at this hotel’s restaurant in Florida. He quickly made a million bucks. He came from nothing in a country where there are no rules or taxes, and got to America and made fast cash.
He eventually met my mom and moved to Jersey where he hooked up with these people who knew the guys in Florida and ended up in a diamond smuggling ring. He made millions and millions of dollars and he’d send people around the world to smuggle diamonds. Basically, if you go to Seaside Heights and it’s all scummy with a bunch of Israeli dudes owning the stores, it’s because my dad invented that shitty way of business.
Is your dad responsible for the scumbags on that show The Jersey Shore?
No! He’s not. I’m talking like 1980s Seaside Heights.
You told me you grew up poor. How is that if he was pulling in millions?
He left when I was ten. All the businesses were in my mom’s name and she had no money. My dad just split and he hadn’t paid any of his taxes for years because he thought they were unfair. So we went from living in a big house to sleeping in an apartment hallway. Three days after my dad left my mom was freaking out, and she brought us to the mall and maxed out every credit card she had. Took all the clothes she bought us and hid them in my uncle’s basement.
I WANNA FINISH THIS STORY BUT I CAN’T THE JUMP LINKS TO ANOTHER ARTICLE WHICH IS ALSO GREAT BUT NOT WHAT I WANT HALP!
- rue-des-soupirs likes this
- cardiffdude reblogged this from nudebeat
- copymyright likes this
- ioritornero reblogged this from nudebeat
- theventi likes this
- tokyocumslut likes this
- puppy-butt likes this
- nudebeat reblogged this from vicemag
- nudebeat likes this
- lostcitynative reblogged this from vicemag
- veddyvee reblogged this from vicemag
- kaoztheory reblogged this from vicemag
- architrend likes this
- art-sense likes this
- discodancerdonna likes this
- padookie likes this
- goodtime-elephant likes this
- pleaseillluminateme reblogged this from brickandmortar
- stuft likes this
- lifeisntfair reblogged this from brickandmortar and added:
- brickandmortar reblogged this from shine2u
- singlesbytheshore likes this
- gemmacruz likes this
- ca-thar-si-s likes this
- allthegoodurlsarealreadytaken likes this
- hellspassion reblogged this from vicemag
- ashleyperfick likes this
- mrnormanmailer likes this
- shine2u reblogged this from vicemag and added:
- dinosaur-s-lu-tt reblogged this from dinosaur-s-lu-tt
- m-x likes this
- brosefcomolli reblogged this from vicemag and added:
- nhene26 reblogged this from vicemag
- calvindiamonds reblogged this from vicemag
- lostcitynative likes this
- fuckingmultiverse likes this
- abarrotes likes this
- amandadeprez likes this
- lisieux likes this
- ticker-tape-of-the-unconscious reblogged this from vicemag
- ticker-tape-of-the-unconscious likes this
- gutterglitterrr reblogged this from vicemag
- bleeploadsofboats reblogged this from vicemag
- bleeploadsofboats likes this
- irideae likes this
- wearetheweirdos likes this
- s-e-e-k-e-r-s likes this
- roavl likes this
- hornze likes this
- saintsrow2 likes this